YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation Youth Advisory Group
Duration: 1 year (12 hours/month)
Deadline: May 11, 2020
Summary: Interested in a paid volunteering position? Apply to be part of the YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation Youth Advisory Group to contribute to a meaningful youth engagement and leadership cause.
Details: YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE) is a USAID-funded activity focused on building and disseminating the evidence on Positive Youth Development (PYD). YP2LE’s goal is to give program implementers, researchers, and young changemakers the information, tools, and resources they need to develop high-quality, impactful, and sustainable youth programs.
The YP2LE Youth Advisory Group (YAG) is a 10-member group of young leaders that play a vital role in ensuring that meaningful youth engagement and leadership occurs across all YP2LE tasks and related activities. The YAG is expected to start in May 2020, with members serving one-year terms.
YAG members will report to the YP2LE Senior Youth Engagement Advisor and will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and one year of work experience, OR a High School Diploma and six years of work experience
- Aged 18 – 30 years old as of May 1, 2020
- Are from a low- and middle-income country and/or very well acquainted with low- and middle-income country contexts and youth issues
- Spoken and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated focus on youth development (for example: youth economic opportunities, entrepreneurship, education, gender, health, peace and conflict resolution, democracy and governance, media, or the arts)
- You are comfortable using technology such as email, WhatsApp, Google Hangout, Zoom, and Adobe Connect
In addition, our ideal candidates:
- Have an active membership in and/or leadership of a local, regional, or global youth-led organization and maintain strong connections with other youth organizations and networks
- Take the initiative and solve problems creatively
- Demonstrate they are excellent writers, communicators, and presenters
- Possess an ability to work effectively and respectfully with others from a range of different backgrounds, cultures, and communities toward achieving a common goal
All YAG members will be paid for their time, which must be documented in a form and format to be provided by YP2LE. YAG members will receive quarterly payments for a total 12 hours per month, to be paid upon the successful completion of their role.