World Fair Trade Organization Latin America (WFTO-LA) – Online Social media Intern
Duration: Six months
Remuneration: This is an unpaid internship
Deadline: As soon as possible
Summary: WFTO currently has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and committed Social Media Intern. An internship at the WFTO provides a first-hand experience of working in a global network of Fair Trade Organizations. The intern will join an international team of online interns that will perform specific tasks for WFTO’s social media. The intern will report directly to the social media team leader.
The number of hours of work per week: Very flexible. The Intern may choose preferred working hours and the number of hours depends on the intern’s ability to deliver the number of posts per week. The number will be agreed with the social media team leader. The intern may work from her/his place of residence.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work on small specific projects related to the regional campaigns
- Work on small specific projects leads by the global office of WFTO.
- Research relevant materials for WFTOLA’s social media daily communications.
- Develop/produce content for social media (mainly for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) –with direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator.
- Support the communications disseminated by the global office.
- Propose ways to improve WFTO’s social media channels.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English
- High awareness of Fair Trade and other social issues
- Good drafting skills in English is preferred
- Social Media enthusiast
- Hands-on and results-oriented.
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of Fair Trade
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Has a good understanding of current development issues
- Graphics Skills in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and other programs
How to apply – Send CV and cover letter (pdf only) explaining why you are interested in the position to
email@example.com and state “Social media Intern (Virtual)” on the subject line.