Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science & Gaming Students in US and Canada 2020/2021
Location: Universities in U.S and Canada
Deadline: December 5, 2019
Details: Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the tech industry by encouraging women to excel as active participants and leaders in the field.
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
- Scholarship: An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
- Retreat: An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- Community: An online network with fellow Scholars Program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
- Have a high school degree or equivalent
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical ﬁeld OR be studying video game programing, game engineering, game design and development, or a closely related field in gaming
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in technology (i.e. computer science or gaming)
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- All scholarship recipients will be invited to the annual Google Scholars Retreat in the summer of 2020 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and participate in a number of development workshops.
- Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmaker Scholar, you will join a global community of scholars, have access to a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make a continued impact in your community.