Unloc Online/One Young World Seed2030 Micro Grants 2024
Deadline: 31st January 2024
Summary: Are you aged 14 – 25 and living in Northern Ireland? Got an idea for a community project or business that advances on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals? Apply for the Unloc Online/One Young World Seed2030 Micro Grants 2024.
Details: In partnership with One Young World, Unloc Online is distributing 10 Micro Grants of £1000 for young people in Northern Ireland to test or develop their own business or community project that advances on one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Seed2030 recipients will gather together in Belfast in early 2024 for a 2-day immersive Leadership Development Bootcamp, helping them to progress their own leadership skills and the progress of their project, campaign or venture. Post the bootcamp, grantees will be connected with a mentor from the One Young World ambassador community; these mentors will support the grantee for 6 months as they get their project off the ground. The young people will also receive continued and regular support from Unloc staff throughout the duration of the project.
To further develop your leadership journey, a handful of the recipients will get the chance to attend the One Young World Summit in Montreal in September 2024 and the opportunity to apply for Lead2030.
- Food, refreshment & travel costs will be covered, plus accommodation for those not living in Belfast will also be covered.
- You must be aged 14 – 25;
- Have permanent residency in Northern Ireland;
- Have an idea for a community project, campaign, business or social enterprise that advances on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals;
- Be available to attend the 2-day immersive, leadership bootcamp in February in Belfast (Date TBC).
They will review applications based on these key criteria:
- How credible the plan behind your community project or business idea is.
- The difference or impact your project or venture will make on advancing one of the 17 Sustainable Development goals.
- How realistic and deliverable your budget is.
- The legacy of your project/business idea and the sustainability of it post spending the funds.
- Complete the application form; telling them about yourself, your idea and your project budget.
- The application window will be open from November 9, 2023 to January 31, 2024.