University of Michigan: Successful Negotiation; Essential Strategies and Skills
Course duration: 7 weeks
Commitment: 2 hours/week
Subject: Business and Management
Details:We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, and even employers, but negotiation is also the key to business success.
On this course, you’ll discover and practice the four steps to successful negotiation, and learn strategies to do it better with the world’s ranked #21 university.
You’ll identify the four key stages of negotiations, and complete a negotiation analysis that will set you up for success.
You’ll also explore the use of power and psychological tools during negotiation, and learn how to apply your new skills to a business deal.
What topics you will cover
- Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy
- Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success
- Close: Create a Contract
- Perform and Evaluate: The End Game
What you will learn
- Learn and practice helpful strategies and skills to become a successful negotiator in personal life and business transactions
- Learn how to complete a negotiation analysis to set you up for success