University of Edinburgh Nyerere Postgraduate Scholarship 2022
Deadline: 5th May, 2021
Eligible country: Tanzania
Summary: Applications are open for the University of Edinburgh Nyerere Postgraduate Scholarship 2022. The Nyerere Scholarships provide funding for talented Tanzanian students to follow in Nyerere’s footsteps and study at the University of Edinburgh.
Details: Through the generous support provided by a donor, the Centre of African Studies will offer a one-year postgraduate scholarship to a student domiciled in Tanzania to study a Masters-level program in the Centre of African Studies.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees and an annual stipend of £13,500.
- The award will be made to a student domiciled in Tanzania who is accepted on a full-time basis for the MSc in Africa and International Development.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2.1 Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
- Candidates must submit a Personal Statement for the scholarship application which should clearly state why you are applying for this scholarship, along with your experience and aspirations in the field of Africa and International Development.
- Candidates must also arrange for two referees to submit reference letters supporting their application.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd the web based information portal.