UNICEF – Business for Results (B4R) Initiative Paid Internship
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: August 6th, 2020
Start date: August 31, 2020
Program Ends: March 01, 2021
Duration: 26 weeks
Summary: The Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) Business for Results (B4R) initiative was launched in 2018 as a whole-of-UNICEF approach to boost the organizational understanding and capacity to incorporate the business as one of the key stakeholders to realize strategic results for children. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, hope
Details: The initiative aims to create a UNICEF in which the potential and relevance of business are mainstreamed into its considerations and decisions on how to achieve results for children, with the necessary ambition, knowledge, skills, and resources in place. Within the B4R initiative, there are three major project teams aligned to its pillars: 1) Capacity Building and Culture Change; 2) Tools and Systems; and 3) Enabling environment.
Modality: Full-time/Part-time (depends on the schedule)
- Provide technical, research and coordination support to assist the project team in delivering B4R workshops and related learning activities virtually
- Set up communication platforms for B4R workshop participants, facilitators, and other key stakeholders to effectively communicate
- Archive all the materials relevant to the B4R workshop in a structured manner so that workshop facilitators can access necessary materials easily and in a timely manner
- Carry out desk research and produce research papers on country-specific economy and business environment
- Follow up with workshop facilitators to capture lessons learned from their experience in delivering workshops to improve future B4R workshops
- Prepare necessary materials, backend assistance on the use of learning tools (mentimeter, zoom, etc) to assist workshop facilitators to deliver effective workshops in the virtual world
- Provide any other necessary support assigned by the Partnerships Officer, Partnerships Manager (Capacity Building), and project team.
- 5 -6 quality research papers on countries’ economy and their business environments
- Internal communication platform (MS Teams) for each CO is set up in a timely manner
- All the B4R materials used during the workshops are archived in a systematic way
- A logically structured list of recommendations to improve the B4R virtual workshops based on the inputs from interviews with facilitators
Reporting to: The intern will report to the Partnerships Manager (Capacity Building) in the Outreach & Engagement Team, based in New York, working closely with the Partnerships Officer, based in Geneva.