UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Program 2019
Location: Historic City of Ahmedabad, India
Date: December 1-10, 2019
Deadline: November 25, 2019
Details: The WHV 2019 campaign provides empowering and enriching opportunities to young people and enables them to go beyond borders in some of the most outstanding places in the world. Volunteers will work together to preserve natural and cultural sites, as well as to raise awareness among local communities about their heritage.
The World Heritage Volunteers Initiative is led by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre (WHC) in collaboration with the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), the European Heritage Volunteers (as a branch of Open Houses) and Better World. For its twelfth year, 68 action camp projects will be implemented at 62 World Heritage properties and sites inscribed on the Tentative Lists, from June to December 2019, by 55 organizations in 36 countries.
The participants of UNESCO WHV 2019 will organize and take part in different awareness raising actions, from heritage walk to classes, quizzes, musical evenings, camp fire, discovering food, paintings and art performances with local youth, school students and community representatives. They will also prepare a documentary about the camp’s activities to promote the site and youth involvement in heritage protection across different social media platforms. Scheduled visits to various heritage sites across the city, handicrafts and museums. Heritage Talk show will feature experts delivering insights about Indian Heritage.
- Participant must be 16-35 years old.
- Participant has to be involved in the entire time frame of the program.
- Participant must be enthusiastic to explore heritage conservation and promotion at the
- Ability to pay the application fees ( INR 14,000 for Indian nationals and USD 300 for foreign nationals). Fees cover accommodation, feeding and local travel during the entire period
- Open to all regions
- To be a part of the esteemed WHV Project of UNESCO.
- Develop your Heritage Quotient.
- Meet Heritage Experts.
- International Certification.
- Work together with Global Participants.
- Build a network with the community.
- Explore Indian Culture, Heritage and Architecture.