TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL- VIRTUAL TRANSPARENCY SCHOOL 2020
Date: August 17-22, 2020
Deadline: July 15- for scholarships | July 20- for non-scholarship applications
Summary: Transparency International School on Integrity is hosting it’s annual transparency school virtually from August 17-22, 2020. They are inviting senior students, graduates and young professionals under the age of 35 eager to learn how to stand up against corruption and how to achieve greater transparency in their country.
Details: Transparency International School on Integrity is an annual state-of-the-art anti-corruption and accountability training for future leaders. The School exposes its participants to the latest developments in the field of anti-corruption and accountability and offers real opportunities to try and implement their ideas in practice.
In light of the significant uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the upcoming School will be held in an all-empowering format online on 17-22 August 2020.
Following a rigorous selection process, students will attend interactive online sessions and learn from leading anti-corruption and accountability professionals. Transparency School seeks to create a peer-to-peer learning and integrity-building environment that links theory with practice and helps young leaders to acquire skills to better convey the message of anti-corruption.
The lectures, seminars, and trainings provide the School participants with a unique blend of international and local knowledge, while also challenging students to approach the subject from a new perspective and offer novel, previously untested solutions. Since 2010, Transparency School has welcomed some 1200 youth leaders from more than 120 countries worldwide
- Transparency School is for senior students, graduates and young professionals under the age of 35 eager to learn how to stand up against corruption and how to achieve greater transparency in their country.
- They welcome individuals from public, private, non-governmental and academic sectors, from all academic backgrounds.
- Transparency School does not discriminate its applicants on the grounds of race, colour, national origin, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, political beliefs, marital, familial or parental status, sexual orientation or any other basis.
- Moving the School to a fully online format presents participants with the unique opportunity to spotlight the best of what the online format offers – meaningful collaboration and the ability to reflect and connect with colleagues from around the world.
- The virtual Transparency School will offer interactive lectures and seminars, an ‘unconference-like’ atmosphere and opportunities to engage with fellow participants. These include workshops and virtual social and networking activities which provide the space to connect with peers from across the globe.
- The School usually hosts an equal share of participants from private and public sectors, NGOs and academia from all over the world. Such diversity in background and experience further strengthens our applied approach to anti-corruption and transparency.
- The Transparency School 2020 tuition fee is 400 EUR. However, a limited number of full scholarships is available for applicants from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, and Ukraine. In addition, there is a limited number of partial tuition fee waivers available.
Applying is really simple – just fill out and submit our online application form (please find it below).
Please note that you will be asked to upload a short motivational letter along with your Europass CV. We strongly advise that you prepare these in advance and have them ready before you start filling out your application form.
The following documents are required in order to complete your application:
1. Europass Curriculum Vitae (CV);
2. Motivation letter (max 500 words);
3. Completed online form.
Upon receipt of your notification, you will be asked to transfer the tuition fee of 400 EUR (in case you are not eligible for a scholarship) to the designated bank account. We will confirm your admission upon receiving the tuition fee.