The World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2020
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Summary: The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. The WBG YPP are looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across our institutions.
Details: It is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals who hold a graduate degree and are skilled in areas relevant to public and private sector development operations. These areas include economics, finance and political risk insurance in emerging markets, education, health, social sciences, infrastructure development, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource management, and others.
- Born on or after October 1, 1988
- Master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialization in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Fluency in English
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Academic Transcripts. Transcripts should display an expected graduation date if currently enrolled.
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations. Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
Question 1 In 500 words or less, please tell us what inspires you to work at the World Bank Group and why you would be a good fit for the WBG YPP. You may incorporate your personal and professional experience (area of expertise, region, or sector) in your answer.
Question 2 In 500 words or less, please share your thoughts on the value of the new World Bank Group Young Professionals Program and why joint WBG solutions (public, public-private & private) to development challenges are so important.