The Data Incubator – Data Science Fellowship Program
Deadline: October 21, 2020
Location: Online (United States of America)
Summary: Do you have what it takes to become a leading data scientist? The Data Incubator Fellowship Program is an immersive, 8-week, full-time Bootcamp for those with advanced STEM degrees, and a passion for data looking to take the business world by storm.
Details: The 8 weeks you spend in The Data Incubator Fellowship Program are going to be tough. They’re going to be rigorous. They’re going to be amazing.
You’ll work closely with our expert instructors and fellow students to master in-demand skills to help launch your career in data science.
We don’t do theory. Each program includes several projects that showcase your world-class data science skills. Plus, you’ll work with real-world data for each project to solve real-world business problems.
On top of that great skills training, you’ll work on your capstone project. Choose the public data set that sparks your interest and build a functioning tool to show off your talents to future employers.
Here are some of the exciting capstone projects we’ve seen from past graduates:
- A website that helps you find a movie for your date night
- A tool to predict where to grow the best crops using NASA climate prediction data
- A tool to detect spam reviews on Amazon
- A website that uses Google Trends to predict stock prices
What are the benefits of Fellows?
- Job placement assistance: Our staff works closely with Fellows to identify their unique interests and skills to facilitate placements with our industry partners.
- Tuition-free: The program is free for admitted Fellows.
- Hands-on experience: All of our projects are designed to give you experience with real data sets, solving real problems.
- Onsite instructors: Every location has an onsite Data Scientist in Residence to lead the discussion and assist students.
- Mentorship from industry leaders: Learn from alumni and senior data scientists, and build your professional network.
- Cohort style program: Make the transition from academia with a selective peer group excited to learn and collaborate. We aim to keep each cohort small, fewer than 20 students per location, to maximize your interaction with our Data Scientists in Residence.
We consider any of the following applicants:
- Anyone who already has a master’s degree or Ph.D. You do not need to currently be a student in order to apply as long as you already have a master’s or Ph.D. Faculty and postdocs are also welcome.
- Anyone who is in the process of earning a master’s degree or Ph.D. We recommend master’s students be in their last semester of coursework at the time they attend the program and Ph.D. students be within six months of defending their dissertation.
The program is geared towards helping participants find a job in the private sector and we are looking for candidates who want to start within 1-2 months of completing the Fellowship. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply.