The Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) Program 2020
Location: Cape town, South Africa
Date: September- November, 2020 | January 2021
Deadline: May 31, 2020
Summary: Are you a student in South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia or Zambia and hold a Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or an equivalent? Apply to the Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) program for an online training and 2 weeks workshop in Cape Town.
Details: The Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) program is a hands-on skills training data science course based on solving real-world problems.
In this program, participants will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling, to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects.
- Exposure to the latest algorithms and techniques in data science- covering topics in Big Data (BD), Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Under the expert guidance of our team of PhDs and MBAs- as lecturers and tutors, you will receive a mix of lectures and tutorials covering the core aspects of data science.
- Team work- the majority of your time will be spent working in small teams to solve real-world problems, giving you deep, hands-on experience with cutting edge algorithms while equipping you with the skills to contribute effectively as part of a dynamic, agile team.
- Emphasis on real-world skills- including management of data science projects; cleaning of data; and business problem solving skills.
- The solutions you generate- will be presented to industry experts who will give real feedback, helping further sharpen your readiness for the real world.
- Networking events- giving you the opportunity to network with potential employers.
- Hold Honours, Master’s or PhD degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent industry experience.
- Applications for scholarships will only be accepted from students in South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, and Zambia.
- Full awards covering course tuition and travel and living expenses to attend the 2-week workshop are available for qualifying African students.
- Please note that if you are not currently resident in Cape Town you will have to cover your own travel costs in addition to other expenses (unless you are offered a scholarship) to attend the workshop.