Sky – Intern, Editorial/Translation
Location: Munich, Germany
Duration: 6 months
Summary: We love telling the world we work at Sky. We’re fans too. We move fast and embrace pace. We have the freedom to be brilliant. And we work collaboratively because together we can. This is how we work at Sky and why we love it. We’re looking for you to join the Localization Team, as part of a minimum wage internship and limited for 6 months.
Details: Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe`s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Whether it’s voice-over or subtitles, we make sure our content is accessible to everyone.” – Monika Larisch, Head of Localization
What you’ll do
- Your task is the editorial supervision of the localization of TV documentaries, in particular research and editing of dialog books translated into German
- Part of your independent responsibility is the editorial supervision of voice recordings
- You’ll supervise independently subtitling and subtitle format adaptation for Sky and partner programs
- General support of the department and administrative tasks is also part of your daily business
- You’ve a translation education/study (major in English) or English studies and can already prove first experiences with subtitle creation and technical adaptation
- You’d describe your written and spoken German and English language skills as very good
- First experiences in an editorial office, at a production company or a TV station are a plus point
- In addition to your strong teamwork and communication skills, you’re characterized by your ability to work independently, your decision-making skills and your assertiveness
- Who doesn’t love a benefit? Well, at Sky you get plenty. Free Sky Q, company pension scheme, flexible working. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support development. And that’s just to name a few.