SDG 4: Inclusive, Equitable, and Quality Education in Nigeria
Deadline: September 19th, 2020
Summary: This competition is drawn out specifically in line with the United Nations International Day for the Protection of Education. This is borne of the General Assembly’s proclamation of 9 September as the International Day for the Protection of Education from Attack, adopting a resolution that reaffirms the right to education for all and the importance of ensuring safe, enabling learning environments in humanitarian emergencies.
Details: This competition challenges youth across Africa to develop innovative ideas that are viable and will contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, the world’s blueprint for a better future. SDG targets range from halting extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education. Entries include 2-3 minutes video on SDG 4: INCLUSIVE, EQUITABLE, AND QUALITY EDUCATION IN AFRICA as well as a 500 and above word essay describing topical Focus: Developing a Structure for the Implementation of SDG 4 in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The videos submitted during this phase will be uploaded on our social media platforms.
- Judging will be moderated by MUN MOGULS limited who will put together an expert jury panel to select the best videos which will progress to the final stage of the competition.
- The selected candidates will qualify for the next stage and will be asked to submit their essay and the judges will select the best 3 Projects.
- Judges will consider the viability of the idea, adaptability, and originality.
Eligible Regions: African Countries
* Candidates must be between 13- 30 years of age.
* Enrolled in or recently graduated from a secondary school, college or university during the period of November 20 to November 22, 2020.
* Video entries must be no longer than 2-3 minutes and must be submitted to email@example.com not later than 11:59 pm GMT+1 on the 19th of September 2020.
* Successful candidates from the video entries will be expected to send in essays between the 24th of September 2020 – 7th of October 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11:59 pm GMT+1.
* Participants must have written the essay by themselves. Only individual entries are admitted, no teams are allowed to take part in the competition.
* Essays may be submitted in English only and no longer than 800 words.
* Essays must answer the question by making a case, analyzing the situation, and building a case based on researched arguments and facts.
*A brief Bio of the 3 finalists will be published on the social media platforms of the host brand.
The final winners will be offered full scholarships to the Montreal United Nations Virtual Conference in November 2020.
*These finalists receive a FREE online two-day training on Model United Nations Conference by MUN MOGULS LIMITED to prepare them for the Montreal United Nations Virtual Conference.
*An Award Certificate and A Certificate of Participation from MUN MOGULS LTD and the MONTREAL UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE respectively.
*Following the success of selection of the Three (3) Most Outstanding Delegates at the Essay Competition Stage, A GRANT will be offered to the Most Outstanding of Three of them.
*This will be based on their performance at the Montreal Model United Nations Conference i.e.; excellent performance for Participation and Commitment at the MUNC Conference, such that will be awarded by the MUNC Organizers. The Purpose of the Grant is to make for the actualization of the SDG 4 Community Impact Project, as contemplated in the Proposal Entry Document and Video.
*The Grant release will be monitored by MUN MOGULS’ Quality Evaluation Team. This is to ensure proper utilization of the funds, as well as completion of the Proposed Project.
*Video entries must be submitted to email@example.com with an attached link to the participant´s Instagram account.
*Essay Entries must be submitted as plaintext in the body of an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the TOPICAL FOCUS as the subject line.
Note: File attachments for the essays are not allowed and will not be opened.
*Entries cannot be returned so please remember to retain a copy.
*All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
*Entries must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable material.
*Entries must be suitable to be published for audiences of all ages.
Facebook: MUN MOGULS LTD.