Reporters Without Borders (RSF) Time Out and Research Scholarship 2020 for Journalists in Crisis Areas – Germany
Duration: six months, from autumn 2020 to spring 2021
Deadline: 12th June 2020
Summary: RSF invites a journalist from a war zone or crisis area to take some time out from their stressful environment and come to Berlin for six months, where they can rest and work on a new journalistic project.
Details: Reporters Without Borders (RSF) Germany is offering a new scholarship. The scholarship is directed at journalists worldwide who are exposed to particular risks and challenges due to their work.
- who have an urgent need for recovery. This can be the case, for example, if you are working in a war or crisis area or have recently reported on a particularly sensitive topic and are exposed to threats or persecution.
- need the time for a new journalistic project that they realize during their scholarship.
- As a participant, you should be able to communicate in at least good English or German.
- You should also have sufficient work experience as a journalist.
- In addition, you should have a firm intention to return to your country of origin after your six-month stay.
- We pay your travel expenses, provide an apartment, pay a monthly grant of 1000 €, and provide a pass for free public transport in Berlin for six months.
- As a participant, you will have the opportunity to take on a new journalistic challenge during your scholarship. You can also use the time to expand your professional network and to recover from stressful circumstances in your home country. You will have time to develop new ideas and enhance your journalistic skills.
- We also offer psychosocial support if needed. We will be glad to offer advice and guidance if you want to explore the political and cultural scene in Berlin.
- During the scholarship, you will develop an investigative research project of your own choosing
- The project is to be of a journalistic nature (in pictures, sound or writing)
- It can be developed in cooperation with an international medium, combined with a stay abroad
- The goal is to publish the results of your project and if possible present them at a public event.
- Please send the completed application form and the other requested documents as PDF by June 12, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are particularly happy to receive applications from women and queer people.
- You can also communicate with us in an encrypted form ( GnuPG / GPG key ). Applicants will be informed of the decision by mid-July at the latest.