Paid Communication Internship at ACTED
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 6 months
Deadline: April 13, 2020
Details: Since 1993, the international solidarity association ACTED has been meeting the humanitarian needs of populations in crisis situations and respecting their dignity, while promoting and implementing opportunities for sustainable development, by investing in the potential of Man.
ACTED is working on the last mile of humanitarian action. Their mission is to save lives and meet the basic needs of people in the hardest to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs for the most vulnerable populations who suffer from violence, conflicts, natural disasters or a situation of endemic poverty. ACTED’s approach goes beyond emergency response, with a commitment to sustainable development and community access to livelihoods.
ACTED implements more than 500 projects per year with 14 million beneficiaries in 37 countries. Their teams are made up of 400 international employees and 4,600 national staff.
- Content writing to feed the communication media of ACTED (website, newsletters, social networks, publications)
- Editing, translation, and posting of communication articles from the 37 countries of intervention
- Participation in the design, production, and dissemination of the bi-monthly ACTED newsletter
- Participation in the management of web distribution channels (animation of the website and social networks – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Design, production, and dissemination of mini public or targeted communication campaigns
- Monitoring of institutional communication (contractual communication operations vis-à-vis the donors of the NGO, and visibility and promotion of the NGO ACTED in France and worldwide)
- Support to country teams in the implementation of their print and web communication activities
- School of Communication, IEP or School of Journalism
- Prior experience in external communication desirable
- Experience working in an international context is a plus
- English is essential
- Strong interest in emergency aid and development programs, and in advocacy and communication issues
- Excellent writing skills: confirmed writing experiences (press, communication service, etc.) on mass media. Taste for writing.
- Synthesis, multitasking, priority management and rigor skills
- Autonomy, reactivity
- Power of proposal, creative and dynamic
- Knowledge and mastery of multimedia tools and media related to communication, external relations or marketing
- Ease and sensitivity to web 2.0 tools (blog, Facebook, Twitter platforms)
- Essential computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point
- DTP skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), video editing and web CMS desirable
- Monthly compensation of € 600.60
- Restaurant coupon
- 50% of transport tickets supported