Online Model United Nations Conference (OMUN) 2020
Date: May 23, 2020
Deadline: May 22, 2020
Summary: Online Model United Nations stands as one of the world’s first virtual MUN program. They are calling out to high school and university students to join their free virtual MUN program and get life time connections and opportunities.
Details: Online Model United Nations (OMUN) is a global program designed to deliver educational opportunities to anyone with an Internet connection. We use Model United Nations (MUN) as a platform to give High School and University students the chance to think critically and present their opinion on numerous topics. If you are a High School or university student and have an internet connection, you are able to join in our debate program.
Online Model United Nations, the world’s first fully online MUN program. Our community of globally connected and engaged youth are working together to develop a unique online debating platform, open to any high school student with an internet connection and a desire to collaborate and discuss our world’s most pressing issues.
Our organization has diversified over the years into an educational development vehicle to accelerate the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) agenda. We are primarily focused on SDG 4, 5 and 10. We believe through innovation in education through technology we can advance gender equality and women empowerment to reduce inequality in and amongst countries.
We have a dedicated staff of over 30 young people spanning countries as diverse as Singapore and Canada, the United Arab Emirates and Zimbabwe, India and Algeria to create this globally connected network.
- Be a high school or university student
- Must have an Internet connection for the time of the conference
- Our delegates and executive leadership team members have been lucky enough to hone their skills at OMUN and propel them for college and their future careers.
- Our ELT members have gone on to universities including Harvard, University of Pennsylvania, Stanford, New York University, The London School of Economics & The Australian National University, all of whom rank within the Times Higher Education Top 50 universities in the world. We have a habit of hiring the best students from all across the world to be members of our ELT.
- We also create an environment for our executive members to academically challenge themselves. From writing designing training workshops to train Afghan students, from drafting grant proposals for major donors organisations to creating education guides and making your opinions heard on crucial topics, OMUN makes sure that you are working with the best to expand yourself.
- For students in the IB program or who are considering completing an IB, being a leader within OMUN can count towards your CAS hours.
- Furthermore, we give opportunities that no other major program can provide. From being part of recognised delegations at conferences to writing code for our website to creating video content that has been used around the world and even presented at the UNODC Headquarters in Vienna, OMUN is a program that allows you always to be challenged and broaden your horizons.
- We expect all of our leaders to give it their best efforts to fulfil their duties and innovate our program to push it forward while providing a worldwide network of resources to help you. Our leadership structure allows anyone to communicate freely across our flat hierarchical structure that believes everyone has something beneficial to contribute.