ONE Youth Ambassador Programme 2023
Deadline: 6th January, 2023
Summary: Applications are open for the ONE Youth Ambassador Programme 2023. ONE has a network of Global Activists – in Africa, the United States, Europe and Canada – fighting against extreme poverty and preventable diseases. In Belgium, the ONE Youth Ambassador programme – a one-year volunteer programme – is looking for passionate activists to join them for 2023.
Details: As ONE Youth Ambassadors, you will carry out a variety of creative and innovative actions in support of ONE campaigning and advocacy work. You will receive training, access to high-profile events, in-depth policy briefings, as well as dedicated support from ONE’s campaigns team.
The programme will typically take a few hours of your time a week and will run from March to December 2023. This role is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to become more engaged in international development or who wants to develop their skills in bringing about change.
Youth Ambassadors will represent ONE on a range of campaign activities and at events, as well as receiving tools, and support needed to design and develop their own actions with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meetings with decision-makers and other relevant targets
- Attending online and offline events including trainings and lobby days
- Using social media to raise awareness and inspire change
- Coordinating and delivering campaign actions and activities
- Attending festivals and public events to represent ONE
- Being part of a group of 50 Belgian Youth Ambassadors and a Global Activist network of over 1000 people (from Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, the United States, Canada, Italy, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany and France).
- Professional training and practical skills development in campaigning for change, EU politics, media, social media and policy.
- Opportunity to represent ONE at events, conferences and training.
- Opportunities to engage with MEPs, policymakers and people in positions of power.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and above.
- They will only accept applicants from people living in Belgium for the duration of the programme.
They are looking for:
- A passion for ONE mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in low-income countries in Africa
- Attendance at a programme induction and training in March 2023
- Willingness to attend monthly meetings (online and/or offline)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others to take part in ONE campaign
- Verbal and written proficiency in English is required (French/Dutch is a plus)
The programme will begin in March 2023. Applicants must be ready to commit 1-2 hours per week.