One Young World 2020- DSM: Improved Foods Scholarship
Location: Munich, Germany
Date: April 23-26, 2020
Deadline: June 29, 2020
Summary: DSM will be supporting two young leaders between the age of 18-30 from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India and Bangladesh who are providing solutions to issues of malnutrition and are improving the food chain value to attend the One Young World conference at Munich Germany on a fully funded expense.
Details: As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the Improved Foods Scholarship for the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
The scholarship builds on the Africa Improved Foods (AIF) partnership, which is an innovative public private partnership making nutritious fortified foods locally in Africa for Africa with the objective of ending malnutrition. AIF is a partnership between DSM, IFC, CDC, FMO, Government of Rwanda and the World Food Programme.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM/AIF to more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India and Bangladesh who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks candidates who are making a positive impact on reducing malnutrition and improving the food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and improve quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize)
To be elligible to receive this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2020.
- A national of Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India or Bangladesh.
- Have 3 – 5 years experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)