NCCHPP: Public Policy Analysis
Organization: National Collaborating Centre for Health Public Policy
Course duration: 6-8 hours
Subject: Health Policy
Details: This online training offers a structured approach to analyzing public policies. This approach is based on an analytical framework that reflects a public health perspective, while at the same time integrating other concerns of policy makers.
On completing this online training, you will be able to:
- Recognize situations in which the analytical framework would be useful;
- Describe the analytical framework;
- Decide how to conduct the analysis depending on the context.
With this training, you will become better equipped to inform policy makers and promote the development of healthy public policies.
It consists of four online modules:
- Module 1: An analytical framework: When and what for?
- Module 2: Analyzing the effects of a public policy
- Module 3: Analyzing the implementation issues associated with a public policy
- Module 4: How to proceed with the analysis? The various options
The course includes 24 exercises with detailed answer keys, stories from public health colleagues who have used the analytical framework, and a selection of tools and resources to further advance your knowledge.
This training course was designed to be taken individually. However, if you and your colleagues registered for the course concurrently, you could take the opportunity to discuss what you learned along with them, as well as look for possible links with your team’s or organization’s projects. Click here to read a few points of clarification in case you would like to use this option, and suggested questions for group discussion.
Once you will have completed the training course, you can ask for a certificate of completion.