Max Planck Institute for the History of Science “First Research Article” Fellowship Program (Stipend available)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Duration: Sept. 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021
Deadline: March 15, 2020
Details: The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin (MPIWG), Department III Artifacts, Action, and Knowledge is offering two fellowships for outstanding graduate students based at Asian, African or Latin American institutions.
Candidates are expected to have already completed the archival research for their thesis and be in a position to devote six months to writing and preparing an article in English for journal publication. Regular meetings will be held to support both the writing process and academic development.
- Fellowships are endowed with a monthly stipend according to the guidelines of the Max Planck Society.
- Open to graduate students based at Asian, African or Latin American institutions.
- Applicants should demonstrate their commitment to a research topic related to the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine, or Science and Technology Studies and a need to work with an international community at the MPIWG, Berlin in order to prepare and publish their first single-authored research paper in the English language.
- Eligible are students in good standing through the grant period of February 28, 2021.
- Applications from women are especially welcome.
- The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting underrepresented groups as well as people with disabilities and encourages them to apply.
Applicants should submit the following materials in English through the online application portal:
- Official proof of enrollment and good standing in an accredited graduate program from your Ph.D. thesis/or confirmation of your university. Brief description of the dissertation.
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications.
- Title, abstract and outline of intended essay (maximum 750 words)
- English writing sample.
- A letter of recommendation from one supervisor.