Mamman Marshal Scholarship for Nigerian Women in Journalism 2020
Location: Lagos State University, University of Uyo, Bayero University Kano
Deadline: December 6, 2019
Details: The scholarship award is specifically to support female students of Journalism or Mass communications in three universities across Nigeria.
The scholarship was instituted in 2017 to celebrate a man, who against the grain of his time educated his daughters; giving them an advantage that sets them apart from their peers. This scholarship award, set up by one of his daughters who has risen to become a reference point, a positive image and an example against a backdrop of impossibilities and impediments in the field of Journalism; is to honor her father and his extraordinary legacy.
In 2018, another set of 6 female students from these three universities were awarded the scholarship from the 2019 academic year to the completion of their first degree. This third year of the scholarship, a new set of 6 female students will be awarded the Mamman Marshal Scholarship for Women in Journalism.
- Applicants must be female students of Journalism or Mass communications in three universities across Nigeria
- Must have just gained admission to one of the following: Bayero University Kano, Lagos State University or University of Uyo
- Need financial assistance
- Write a 500 word essay on suitability for the MMSWJ
- The scholarship covers tuition, accommodation and provides a stipend for the six female students until completion of their degree program.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org