Libra Internship Program (summer 2022)
Deadline: 29th November, 2021
Duration: 13th June- 12th August, 2022
Location: Greece, UK, USA
Summary: Since 2011, we have placed several hundred interns from over 44 countries in varied roles and business sectors, globally. Originally established in partnership with The American College of Greece in Athens and the US-based Greek America Foundation, today it is open to undergraduate students currently enrolled at an accredited college/university anywhere in the world.
Details: Our international supporters and associate organizations range from higher education institutions and non-profits to leadership development and academic organizations. Together they provide a rich and varied source of internship candidates, regardless of national or socioeconomic boundaries.
The Program offers winter and summer internships of up to four months’ duration each year at the Libra Group and its businesses around the world.
Our objective is to provide opportunities for students to learn about our businesses and management philosophy while they further develop the skills that will help define their future. Our interns work alongside industry professionals and each is assigned a dedicated mentor and ‘buddy’.
Specialized placements are a part of the philosophy and approach. For many years, our shipping company, Lomar, has hosted naval cadets as part of their officer-training path and takes in as many as 50 cadets each year from Germany and the UK. Additionally, Lomar supports the Achim Boehme Scholarship programme. Honoring the life and legacy of a great leader and innovator, the Achim Boehme Scholarship will enshrine Achim’s lifelong contribution to the shipping industry as well as to Lomar, helping to educate and develop the leaders of tomorrow.
Selected interns gain numerous and significant, lifelong career benefits, including the opportunity to:
- Broaden and explore career possibilities by interacting with professionals in the field while applying learned knowledge and core competencies
- Gain practical workplace experience and life skills, leading to better employment prospects
- Create an international network of professional contacts and mentors
- Grow in confidence and ability as the program progresses
- Access to a growing alumni network
- Global Alumni Network – All incoming interns are invited to our LinkedIn and Facebook groups where they can connect with our growing alumni network. Our community not only shares career, networking or volunteer opportunities, but also organizes virtual or in person meetups. Interns also use our social media groups to seek advice, whether it’s about the housing search or office culture!
- Mentor-Buddy Program – The program provides interns with access to both senior executives and junior-mid level employees who will help facilitate their professional development, daily task management and serve as a point of contact throughout the entirety of their internship experience.
- Professional Development – Each program intake commences with an orientation where interns are introduced to key Libra executives from across our worldwide operations and participate in team-building activities with their peers. Ongoing professional development is provided throughout the duration of the internship through virtual workshops ranging from resume writing and business communication to organizational/time management skills and negotiation skills.
At the time of application, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be fluent in English
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 (USA) or equivalent
- Be available for mandatory orientation and internship dates (refer to key dates)
And at the time of the application, must be one of the following:
- A currently enrolled undergraduate student at an accredited college/university
- A currently enrolled MBA student at Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB)
- A currently enrolled M.Sc. student in International Shipping, Finance and Management at AUEB
- A currently enrolled M.Sc. student in Maritime Studies at the University of Piraeus
- A currently enrolled Masters student at ALBA Graduate Business School
- Yes, all interns are placed on local payroll. In addition, Libra will directly book and pay for the flight(s) to orientation, accommodation for orientation and the flight(s) to and from each internship location.
- Application Deadline: November 29, 2021 at 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time
- Live Video Interviews: January – February, 2022
- Final Decisions/Offers: March 2022
- Mandatory Orientation: June 6 – 10, 2022
- Internship Dates: June 13 – August 12, 2022