Korean Government Scholarship Program 2021 for Undergraduate study in South Korea (Fully funded)
Host country: South Korea
Deadline: Varies by country
Summary: Global Korea scholarship is designed for international students with opportunities to study at higher education institution in Korea for academic degrees,which will enhance international educational exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
- All applicants and their parents must be citizens of GKS program’s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who have previously held Korean citizenship must submit the documents that prove their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold Permanent Residency Permit, within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.
- Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1st, 2021 (born after March 1st 1996) high school graduate (or expected graduate).
- Must hold high school diploma as of March 1st, 2021 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021.
- Applicants who are expected, graduate of hgh school at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying. The official high school transcript must be submitted by March 1st, 2021 at the very latest.
- In case an applicant fails to submit the above mentioned document by March 1st. 2021 or does not fulfill the grade requirement, the applicant will forfeit his or her scholarship.
- Entry to Korea; An economy class ticket from GKS scholar’s home country to Korea.
- Return; An economy class flight ticket from Korea to GKS scholar’s home country.
- Entry flight ticket will not be provided to newly elected scholars who have resided in Korea at the time of applying to this program and during the selected period.
- The return flight ticket in only offered to GKS scholars who successfully complete their degree course work.
- Tuition amount covered by NIIED is maximum 5million KRW, the amount that exceeds may be covered by scholar’s university.
- University admission fees are waived for GKS scholars.
- Medical Insurance; 60,000KRW per month.
- The return flight is not offered to those who have withdrawn from the scholarship in the middle of their studies.
- Any domestic travel fees within a GKS scholar’s home country and within Korea are not covered.
- International travel insurance is not covered.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month.
- One year Korea Language Training Fee; Fully covered.
- Degree Progran Tuition; Fully covered.