International Sustainability Academy (ISA) Research Scholarship 2020
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Duration: 8 months (May 2021- February 2022)
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Summary: Are you currently working on a SDG related project and are interested in the International Sustainability Academy (ISA) research stay to foster your project while undergoing training courses, internships and visits Best Practice companies and institutions? Apply to the International Sustainability Academy (ISA) Research Scholarship 2020
Details: During the period of sponsorship until 2022, the ISA offers up to 12 students and professionals every year (see requirements) an 8-month research stay in Hamburg, together with a further month of sponsorship in their home country in order there to complete and customize the results of the research report. The primary focus is on the close exchange of know-how amongst the scholarship holders during their individual research work. Further focal points of the program are training courses and internships developed together with the scholarship-holders, visits to Best Practice companies and institutions. Students will be supervised and supported in the subject matter by the ISA and selected universities and research centers.
First round requirement;
- Scholarship holders must come from the countries on the DAC list
- English knowledge of be at least B1
- Have a at least secondary school degree and relevant professional experience
- The scholarship holders* must already be working or researching on a project in their home country that is ideally sustainable or a potential sustainable concept. What is important is a visible benefit for the home country. The sustainable project and its potential output and/or impact on a local / regional / national level are probably the most decisive factors within the selection process.
- The project must be assigned to one or more sustainability goals (SDG ́s).
- There is no age limit for the application.
Second round requirement;
Please note that If you are selected for the second round, you will have to upload the following application documents as PDFs. We would like to recommend that you start promptly with a detailed description of the project and its potential implementation, possibly apply for a new passport, and clarify the necessary approval from the employer!
- Proof of training, work experience, diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent training
- Passport copy.
- a 3-4-page curriculum vitae with date and signature, formulated in full
- English language certificate (min. B1) (not applicable for native speakers and those who completed their higher degree in English language
- Detailed project description following the ISA template
- Authorization for a study leave (authorization from the employer)
ISA will cover the following for selected applicants;
- The costs for accommodation in flat-shares,
- Work station,
- Costs of return flights
- Health insurance and
- A 10-week German language course will be taken over.
- In addition each sponsorship-holder will receive an amount of money for the research work.