InfoNile Workshop 2021
Deadline: 23rd September, 2021
Duration: 4 days
Summary: Applications are open for the InfoNile Workshop 2021 for Reporters and Editors Investigating Water Stories. Teams composed of an editor and two reporters will be supported to participate in a training workshop from October 18 – 23, 2021 in Uganda.
Details: The 4-day workshop will feature presentations, discussions, and group activities on: Understanding how the media is currently covering water issues in the Lake Victoria Basin; Data and Geo Journalism, Science Journalism, Investigative Journalism, and Story Pitching.
At the end of the workshop, the teams will be expected to have acquired skills in investigative water journalism and story pitching. They will then submit a story pitch to the InfoNile Team under the theme: Investigating threats to freshwater biodiversity in the Lake Victoria basin for possible funding and mentorship.
- Transport to Uganda and back to your home country.
- Accommodation including meals for the duration of the workshop
- Outstanding story pitches will receive grants and mentorship to produce their stories.
- Open to Teams of three (2 reporters and 1 editor) from Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Applicants must be committed to participate in all of the days of the workshop.
Submit your application by completing the Application Form. The deadline for application is September 23, 2021.