Humans of Mopportunities: Call for Country Representatives (Ambassadors)
Duration: July 2020- July 2021
Deadline: June 10, 2020
Details: Mopportunities is an online platform that shares Conferences, Competitions, Fellowships, Internships, Model United Nations conferences, Online courses, Scholarships, and Volunteering opportunities with millennials. Our goals are not only to share information of opportunities but includes building a diverse community of youths with different backgrounds, cultures, races, sex, religion, color and nationality to engage in activities that will foster their communities socially and contribute to the growth of our platform.
We are looking for motivated, proactive, and creative individuals of diverse backgrounds to join our team for a year. Serving as a country ambassador with us is a great opportunity for you to get exposed to an international work environment while learning the necessary set and soft skills to improve your role in community engagement and youth participation. In addition to this, you will gain first-hand information on the latest opportunities and receive helping hands-on how to go about an application.
The purpose of our community building is to provide an opportunity for individuals to substantively contribute and learn from our platform. Our ambassadors will have specific roles they are expected to achieve offline and online. We are looking to grow our platform further and we would like you to take the lead as our Country Representative in growing and developing your community and our platform in your country.
Being selected as a Country Representative means you are committing to;
- Act as the contact person for Mopportunities in your region/country while communicating regularly with the executive team on the latest activities.
- Dedicate a year of engagement with us while planning online and offline activities in your community to promote social development and contribute to the growth of our platform.
- Uphold strategic and transparent decision-making processes and leadership skills in your country chapter.
- Promote our platform in your network.
- Develop a work plan of projects, engagement, activities, and ideas that can help achieve the goals of mopportunities.
- Fall between the age of 15-35 years (if you don’t fall between this age bracket, you are welcome to apply, so far you can contribute to the attainment of our goals.)
- Be an undergraduate, postgraduate or young professional
- Have previous experience(s) in youth participation and community engagement
- Be a resident of the country you are applying to be representative of
- Be proficient in English language
- Be willing to commit to a year of community engagement with us
- Possess strategic, organizational and teamwork skills
- Be active on social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn)
Selected applicants will;
- Attain digital certificates at the end of their terms
- Represent our platform in regional and national activities in their country
- Participate in leadership and development courses organized by Mopportunities to improve their set skills and role in community engagements.
- Be published on our website and social media pages as “Mopportunities Ambassador” for the year
- Gain first-hand information on the latest opportunities and receive helping hands-on how to go about an application (this includes school applications abroad, fellowships, scholarships)
Note: This position is unpaid*