Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Programme Cohort V (12 Month ICT Program for Kenyan Graduates)
Deadline: June 29, 2020
Summary: The Government of the Republic of Kenya is inviting young ICT Kenyan graduates to its 2020-2021 Presidential Digitalent Programme Cohort 5.
Details: Digitalent is a strategic intervention by ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology to develop and sustain high-end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry requirements and the capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the need to develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the industry. The programme has trained over 1200 ICT graduates.
The internship is offered to Kenyan youth who recently graduated with ICT, Engineering, Education (e-learning & content development), Medicine, Built Environment, Agriculture, Law, and Communication (Graphic Design, Public Relations & Corporate Communication) who must have attained a first-class or upper second class honors between January 2018 to the date of this advertisement and/or awaiting graduation.
- Applicant MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years from 2018 to the date of this advertisement.
- Recent graduates in BSc ICT or Engineering – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Engineering, Applications Development, Information Security, and Project Management.
- Recent graduates in Project Management Agriculture, Medicine, Built Environment, Education (eLearning and content development), Law and Communication (Graphic Design, Public Relations & Corporate Communication) who have a passion for using Information & Communication Technology (ICT) to integrate the above areas.
- Applicants must have the requisite skills to carry out research and innovation to enable the government to leverage ICT for the realization of the big 4 agenda.
- Females, persons with disabilities, and graduates from the ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
- Be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 35 years of age Unemployed;
- They should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a twelve (12) months’ full-time programme running from 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend the interviews. Depending on the core area, the applicants may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on the core of specialization prior to the interview.
- The Authority WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program. However, applicants who successfully complete the program are allowed to competitively apply for any positions the government advertises.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly will result in disqualification.
Read the instructions carefully
- All applications MUST be completed and submitted online through recruitment.digitalent.go.ke.
- A duly completed application form must be submitted online; no paper-based applications will be accepted.
- Applicant should submit the correct information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Must attach all required documents (Copy Kenya National ID, Passport Size Photo, KCSE certificate, Degree Certificate, Receipt/ Certificate of good conduct)
- Should be willing to be deployed in government organization within the 47 counties for 9 months
- Should have demonstrated passion for ICT.
For FAQ, click here