FWO Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 for Junior Researchers from Developing Countries
Start date: October 1 or November 1, 2020 (for three years)
Deadline: December 2, 2019
Details: The FWO postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO.
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.You can apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship immediately after you junior postdoctoral fellowship
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause (see in link below)
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university or research institute (eligible list: see regulations)
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You complete your application online
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expertpanels.
- Medium April , after the preselection, you can be invited for a second round with interview
- If you are selected for the second round, you’ll be interviewed by the panel in the month May or June
- The Expert panels report to the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment
- You will receive feedback on the evaluation after the decision.
- The evaluation and selection procedures will be explained during info sessions and through a Powerpoint presentation