CICOPS Scholarships 2021 for Researchers from Developing Countries for Study in Italy (Fully Funded)
Deadline: 30th November, 2020
In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries, the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) provide 5 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2021 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
- Applicants must have at least two year of either teaching experience or activity within international organizations and institutions.
- Please read carefully the CALL and the FAQ before applying, and fill out the online application only once you have received the letter of invitation by your contact professor at the University of Pavia.
- Please be informed that incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made. In particular, the letter of invitation is essential for the application. Applicants who do not have any contact, can write to CICOPS office which will send a research proposal form to be filled out and sent back to CICOPS together with the CV (e-mail )
- CICOPS will evaluate the research proposal and, in case of congruence of your research project with a research activity carried out at the University of Pavia, the Center will send your proposal to the relevant Department.
- The scholarship includes travel (economy class), food and accommodation expenses, health insurance policy and a contribution of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week.
- Selected scholars must confirm acceptance of the scholarship and its conditions within 20 days of receipt of the email communication stating their successful application, together with the exact dates of their requested stay.
The period of stay will be communicated to EDiSU, which will book a single room at a university residence in Pavia. It being understood that the communicated period of stay cannot be subsequently modified without the consent of EDiSU. EDiSU reserves the right to make any changes to the terms and conditions of the accommodation that are made necessary by the health emergency situation.
- If a candidate fails to confirm his/her acceptance, he/she loses the right to the scholarship that will be consequently awarded to the next applicant in the ranking. Changes to the planned program agreed upon the assignment of the scholarship will not be accepted.
- Once the University of Pavia has received the declaration of acceptance of the scholarship, we will:
- send an invitation letter in support of the visa request (with prior arrangements and in
special cases a contribution for visa issuing will be granted).
- book a return flight ticket (economy class).
- stipulate a health insurance policy and personal accident insurance;
- arrange accommodation at a University College for the period of stay in Pavia;
- provide a card for meals at University canteens;
- pay the contribution.The hosting Department will guarantee access to all the necessary facilities for study and research activities (libraries, computer facilities, etc.).
- The selected scholar will be requested to sign the EDISU Regulation, valid for all university residences, as well as all documentation relating to Health Safety Protocols (Protocol, Vademecum, etc.). Failure to comply with the Regulation will lead to the interruption of the study period and the loss of the scholarship.
- The selected scholar may be requested to deliver one or more lectures on his/her field of research.
- At the end of the study period in Pavia, scholars must provide both a report on the work completed at the host Department and copies of any articles or publications.