Case Western Reserve University: Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence
Course duration: 8 weeks
Course timeline: Starting November 4, 2019
Subject: Leadership and management
Details: Emotional intelligence, hope, mindfulness, and compassion help a person reverse the damage of chronic stress and build great leadership relationships. The Positive and Negative Emotional Attractors inspire sustained, desired change and learning at many levels.
- Week 1: Resonant Leadership and the Neuroscience Behind It; Great leaders moves people through resonant relationships.
- Week 2: Renewal As an Antidote to Chronic Stress; We examine the effects of emotional contagion, both positive and negative on relationship.
- Week 3: Emotional Intelligence and Its Link to Leadership; Emotional, social and cognitive intelligence competencies are the drivers of effective leadership, management and professional jobs.
- Week 4: Inspiring and Motivating Sustained Development, Growth and Learning; Intentional Change Theory and decades of longitudinal research showing how it creates sustained, desired change is introduced.
- Week 5: Coaching with Compassion to Inspire Sustained Learning and Development & Peer Coaching: With a Little Help from my Friends; This week we examine the PEA and the NEA in depth in terms of emotional, relational and neurological factors.
- Week 6: Inspiring Change through Hope and Vision – Discovery #1 in ICT; This week we explore all of the five the phases of Intentional Change Theory in depth: how we distinguished the Ideal Self from the Ought Self.
- Week 7: The Multilevel Nature of Sustained, Desired Change; Following on from last week’s modules, this week we turn to change at the team and organizational level.
- Week 8: The Real Self and Learning Agenda – Discoveries #2, 3, 4 in ICT; In our final week, we examine the remaining elements of Intentional Change Theory: drawing a distinction between The Real Self and Faux Self, establishing a learning agenda, and emphasizing the value of experimentation and practice in shaping and re-shaping our visions.
What you will learn:
- Emotional Intelligence