African Union (Pan African University) Masters & Ph.D. Scholarships 2020 for African Students
Deadline: 25th September 2020
Duration of Programme: Fulltime
Summary: Young, qualified, talented, and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply for scholarships to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes.
Details: The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated, and peaceful Africa.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Masters: Candidates must satisfy the following conditions
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detailed CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with an email address and Whatsapp number) (*Mandatory)
PhD: Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- A 3 to 4-page Research Concept Note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, the significance of the research, etc…);
- Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with an email address and Whatsapp number) (*Mandatory).
Benefits: The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Application: The closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents is 25 September 2020. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Below are the steps to apply:
- After reading the conditions, click on ‘Register’
- Provide a valid username and your email
- Check your inbox to confirm the registration by clicking on the confirmation link (Please check the spams as well)
- Provide a valid password
- Log in using your credential
- Open the ‘Application’ page and provide all your data
- Click on the Save button and after finishing click on the FINISH button
- * If you didn’t finish the application, you can come back later and “Login” again using your email and password *